Old 06-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #770
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Another thing, when is Cox going to put him 8th in the lineup. I'm tired of seeing McCann and Jeff hitting after Crapdruw
Bobby has actually already placed Andruw as low as 6th in the lineup. I don't ever see him going to 8th period but possibly as low as 7th yeah. McCann isn't exactly tearing things up either right now. He had slipped under .270 going into yesterday's game. Jeff hasn't went into any prolonged slumps at all so I agree that he should be hitting ahead of Andruw right now.

We have to figure out a way to get Salty some more playing time because he can really swing the bat. Thorman isn't exactly hot but has hit some recent HR's & he is a solid fielding 1B. Salty is new over there so he needs some work at 1B before getting more consistent playing time. What I think would be a good idea is to play Thorman against RHP & Salty against LHP. Salty is probably as better overall hitter from the right side anyhow. He looks to have more power from the left but swings better from the right.

I feel if we don't get Andruw going then things are gonna go really bad quick. We are just really lucky in the past 3 weeks+ that the Mets haven't played well either. The Phillies might be the team that we need to worry about instead of the Mets now. They are playing lights out right now. It looks to be a 3 team race for the division but the way we're going could turn into a 2 team race fast. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11