View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #16
fistofrage
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: What settings do you have your game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
LOL, um no I did not realize that. I've had the game for a year and never thought about it, where is this at?
Here is what you do, you go into coach options and you can adjust the team's run/Pass %.

From there, I went onto NCAA.org and got the real run/pass %. Then I took into account ehat type of offense they were running if they were running spread I added 8% to their real life average so for example if a team in real life runs the spread and run/pass % in real life is 50/50, i made them 58% Run/42% Pass. Then in the game, they would actually run around 50% of the time.

I added 6% to the run for west coast offense I think, and 3% for standard offense.

I can't remember my exact formula, but there is a thread about it here.

Anyway, teams like Michigan just pound the ball. Georgia ran for over 400 yards against me when I was South Carolina. If you don't stop the run, they will keep running all day.

I played against Mike Hart with CMU, ND, and Michigan State, and he didn't have less than 30 carries in any game. Michigan didn't even abandon the run down by a couple scores to ND late and made it a very close 34-28 game.

Oh, and its common, even on 7 minute quarters for one of my LB's to get 10+ tackles. I usually have 3 players per team in my 6 team dynasty that will average around 8 tackles per game. Brockington for ND had 43 tackles after 4 games and I only ever control the DT and let the other players just play. It feels more sim-like.

Last edited by fistofrage; 06-28-2007 at 03:53 PM.