View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
dbshady
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Do I have a chance?

Me and my friends play tourneys all the time. I am a little in your situation, me and this kid are always at the top. And now we have crews, theres about 8 of us, some of us (like me) are in the 360 class (aka the Evil Empire), the other half rocks the PS3 (aka the Alliance).

I am the leader of the Evil Empire, I rock the 360, once your in, your in. Ive recuited plenty of players to come in, even the guy who is at the top with me. He was a Sony guy, and I got him to turn. But now, its me and him fighting in the same division, but were a strong division.

Anyway..

I don't like to use powerhouses either, but I do like my Colts. But let me give you some good teams that people might overlook.

The Rams - (especially this year coming up) I find myself using them, and I really like what I can do with them. They have a big running game with S-Jack, and everywhere you look on that team there is a good WR (Holt, Bruce, Bennett, Hall, McMicheal). Bulger is a good QB. Their defense (in Madden) isn't that bad, sure it can be better, but you can score points, they will do their job. Players like Tye Hill, L.Glover, W.Witherspoon, C.Chavous, L.Little and now Carriker are good players.

The Cardinals - they are not a good team, I know. But in this game, I like them. I like Boldin, Fitz and Edge, he is still a beast in this game. Along with Lienart you have a great solid base here. A.Wilson is a playmaker on D, and the additions of Terrence Holt and Rodrick Hood will be good for them too.

The Jags - The Taylor and Jones-Drew tandum is crazy in this game. The only thing is I wish they had a better QB, but Leftwich is fine in the game. Matt Jones and Ernest Willford are decent WR in Madden and the addition of Jermaine Wiggins will be good at TE along with the growth of Mercedes Lewis. On D, there great. Peterson is awsome, when he plays. And Mathis is a playermaker in the secondary.

There are more, but those are my surprizing teams I would use when I didn't feel like using a powerhouse. Other I would see myself using in 08 are the Niners, the Broncos, the Lions (yes, the Lions), Bengals, and Ravens.