tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

don't think t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
I wonder if the Braves would consider having Julio Franco play for them again since the Mets released him. Scott Thorman isn't exactly tearing it up at 1st base and Salty seems to be better suited as a catcher so why not have Franco come back and platoon with Thorman at 1st? It's just a thought and im not saying it will happen, I just think it would be neat to see Julio back in a Braves uniform.
I don't think the Braves would go back after Julio. While Thorman has struggled to now where he's only playing against RHP I feel he platooning with Salty is what's gonna happen. There was a lot of talk back a good while ago(shortly after Wilson was released) that we was gonna go after Texieiria(spelling) from Texas. Now, he's been hurt so that's not an option.

Salty isn't far away from playing everyday at 1B. I mean he can hit from both sides of the plate & is learning the position pretty well. He played some 1B in high school anyhow. If Thorman keeps on falling off then Salty will become the everyday 1B. Thorman will either be gone or on the bench as a backup once Salty gets more comfortable at 1B. This may happen this year or definitely next year because Salty isn't going to take over at C for McCann. He can fill in well but too much money there for McCann to set out much. Salty's future looks to be definitely at 1B which can prolong his career anyhow probably. Those catchers take a beating behind the plate so I'm glad to see Salty moving over to 1B. Thanks & let's get in a groove from the All-Star break please Braves!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11