View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #10
wangjaz
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: *** OFFICIAL - User Created Uniform Codes (NOT NFL Uniforms) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I know the whole lawsuit thing keeps coming up, but that excuse is getting tired fast (not a shot at you odogg what so ever) . I really hope that this wasn't there reason for not including all of these things because it is just rediculous. I can't even imagine a lawsuit ever making it into the court room over something like this. At most, there may be some direct pressure from the NFL and the possiblility of losing out on a future license. If this is the case, I can understand being intimidated, but not because of a lawsuit.

I hate the excuse simply because this option is available in pro games and allow users to create non-licensed players. What's to stop anyone from creating Bonds in MLB 2K7. Or Jordan in the old NBA Live games. Yet, there is no pressure there.

The company cannot be held responsible for the way a user chooses to use the tools of the game.

there has been numerous examples of such games, like the sports games u just named, not to mention games like Winning 11 or that MMA, City of Heroes or something. Marvel did tryto sue em, but the case was thrown out in court.
it's sad to see game companys becoming so chick sh*t scared like this.
even in MLB The Show, it doesn't let u edit the names and some other attribs of established players, like Reggie Stocker, aka B.Bonds.