Old 07-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
Sheik
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Michael Irvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by holykoraan
Well, looking at his career stats...he is definitely a silver tier.I think everyone has agreed on that.
The hard part is choosing the 2 abilities that most capture Irvin. Throughout his career he exhibited strength and rare physicality for the position, he was a big play receiver because of the situations in which he would come up with great catches. He caught deep balls, but never had top-notch speed or route-running ability. It also seems as though most of his BIG catches were VERY difficult ones, as well. Soooooo....even though his career is historically "silver", the attributes he possessed that made him unique deserves 3 abilities.
They are:
Bump Buster (The NFL changed rules because of him)
Clutch (Big Plays in crucial situations, earning him the nickname of "The Playmaker")
Acrobatic Catches (never had the greatest hands, route running, speed, quickness or jumping ability, but made very difficult deep and short catches consistently)
I'm a diehard 49er fan and I know he's not in the same league as rice and others, but...for the sake of creating him for this game realistically, the guy deserves 3 abilities.

Definitely on the money with your assessment..
I went with Acrobatic Catches and Clutch..
he was the Big Play in Dallas