Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #892
Kohlstar20
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Franco is gonna play because Bobby showed that last night right away. I mean Franco being a Brave before so it's like family is back there. I am just still wondering what's gonna happen over there at 1B. We have to make some kind of move with 3 guys over there. Yeah, Salty isn't a normal 1B but that's where he has started playing the most lately & his future in Atlanta isn't C now with the long term contract of McCann.

This is what makes me really wonder what the Braves have up their sleeves. The obvious thing would be to move Thorman with both Franco & Salty available. I'm still worried that we are possibly shopping Salty in order to get a quality SP for the remainder of this year. I wouldn't like this move at all because Salty has a really bright future & to get a SP for just the rest of this year for a playoff run wouldn't pay off in the long run.

If we do make a trade I would think either Escobar or Salty is what other teams are gonna be asking for in return. Which one do we part with here? Heck, they may even ask for both but I don't see us giving up both. We do have Lillibirdge,J.C. Holt,Elvis Andrus,& a couple others in the minors but they haven't proven anything yet. Let's hope we can keep at least both Salty & Escobar. Thanks!
From what I've been reading Franco is going to start against LHP and Salty will start against RHP which means Thorman is the odd man out. I don't think too many teams are interested in Thorman though so im guessing he will be sent back down to the minors at some point. As far as a SP is concerned I was reading somewhere around the time Mark Buehrle rumors where floating around that the Braves would not even consider trading Salty unless they are blown away by an offer so im guessing Escobar would be the key piece in a trade if the Braves aquire a proven starting pitcher.