View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 10:32 PM   #23
monsterhound
Rookie

monsterhound's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The 20 Classic Games are...

Quote:

These games are the greatest games since 1980. But don't They missed a great game from 1980 though. Georgia/Florida. There was a game with a miracle pass and national championship implications. I honestly don't remember some of those classic games (OSU/ASU in the Rose Bowl) If a game only happened 6 years ago and I can't immediately recall it, I gotta wonder. Sure, I bet the OSU fans know it, but what about the rest of us?

The OSU-ASU game had major national championship implications. If ASU had won that game, they would've at least had a share of the national championship. Their loss and Florida's win against FSU in the Sugar Bowl gave the Gators the national championship. The OSU-ASU game was won in the final minute on a touchdown pass from Joe Germaine, if I remember correctly.

As for 1980 Florida Georgia, I'd rather forget the "Run Lindsey Run" game, Seriously, I agree it would have been a great addition to the list. I'd love to have the opportunity to plant Lindsey Scott in the game.