View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 02:34 PM   #39
CheckMate
All Star

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA 2004 Interview up on XIGN - No ripping down the goal posts >:(

Quote:

Quote:

the thing is as we find out more and more isn't in the game it turns out they only did add the EA Bio and SI covers. What a crock, but I'll still buy it.

I am getting the feeling that almost all of the improvements are cosmetic rather than stuff that effects gameplay. The one gameplay improvement I have read about is special teams play, especially on punt returns, which really did need fixing. Other than that, it's more teams and SI covers (both of which I am really looking forward to) and more of the stupid mascot teams. I am still stunned that there is no in-game save. That should have been a no-brainer. That, along with the fact that the SI covers cannot be saved for the entire length of your dynasty points to EA again not doing anything special for the X-Box version and simply porting the PS2 version with it's crappy memory card capacity. VERY disappointing, but I'll still be all over this game and will play it until next year's comes out. I guess that makes me a sucker.
And don't even get me started about EA and X-Box Live. The NCAA series is my favorite of all time, sports or non-sports, but it really sounds like the improvements this season are pretty minimal.

EA has added the playaction and roll-out cams, said that they tweaked the CPU defensive shifting, made how you play (pass/run ratio) really affect recruiting, you can get extensions and/or offers from other schools in the middle of your contract, there are contractual goals you need to reach, invites to better conferences, "line-of-sight" AI so that the CPU-controlled players don't automatically know where the ball is going unless they see it first....