View Single Post
Old 07-20-2003, 05:50 PM   #7
ChicagoSparty
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Explain this crib mode to me...

Quote:

MMan said:
wwharton after reading several of your posts it seems you are clearly a madden boy. You act like you know about FP mode and you have no clue. Yes it's a mode and yes it's a different camera angle. You have to learn it and get used to it, but you seem like one of the types to give up on something that's a little bit more difficult. Like I said man.... just zip it until you play it, then go ahead and rip on it all you want because I'm sure you will. Madden nor ESPN is perfect. I enjoy both games for different reasons.

I think he just comes across as an objective observer. Maybe he prefers Madden, but look at some of the comments he's made that I just looked up:

Quote:

"What's funny is the first thing they did was say that everything was fixed but so many choose to ignore that. Instead they want to act like a very innovative new game mode like FPF is nothing which is far from the truth, and probably is something that you'll end up trying."

"I look at it like this, if you are REALLY into video games you'll figure out patterns pretty easily. When you get good at Madden you have to force yourself to not take advantage of the fact you've figured out how to beat the GAME rather than the team you're playing. With 2k3 you have to always gameplan for the team. There are clues to take advantage of the AI as well but in different situation, you still have to call the right plays, pick up on it and then take advantage of it. And they are such that some I"m sure many still haven't figured out. I only know from playing some very good people online. In short, when you master the game you're still playing football. There are still many reasons for gamers of all type to buy Madden but this is what ntjskillz was saying."

Both statements sound like pretty good endorsements for the NFL2K series, and the second one, in particular, points out the enhanced reality and simulation value of NFL2Kx over Madden.

Go on believing what you want, but just because someone compares something to Madden does not mean they're automatically a "Madden boy," and whharton is certainly not "clearly" one, as you say.