View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 04:55 PM   #16
mackandmoon
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who else feels like their wont be any surprises when they open up

Well this is what you fail to realize. The 2k series is still the same as far as the basic engine. They don't change up as much as the gameplay as some people think but they improve on that engine astronomically. They want throw in 3 new animations, but rework the whole animation system while it's still running on the 2k gameplay engine. Madden on the other hand just gives you the same ole same ole with minimum improvements in the gameplay dept., commentary, etc.
This is why the 2k series feels fresh year to year without losing it's basic gameplay engine.

The other thing is that Madden has used their gameplay engine for 14 years & hasn't fully utilized today's console technology to the fullest. It's obvious that you have never really tried anything different & like redundancy. Not to call you out or anything but some people are afraid of change which is why alot of people will stick with certain products til the end.

I stop playing Madden when Gameday was the big game on the scene as the gameplay was done for then IMO. So I always remain open minded when it comes to new products & I love to take chances. There is no reason for any of us to be worried about the 2k series because if you look at VC'S track record they are about their fans & their product. Also quit thinking that Sega is broke because they are not. These rumors of mergers were exactly that RUMORS. If you read the interview with Greg you will notice that they now have 130 employees working for VC. That's not a sign of a broke company.