Old 07-24-2003, 06:06 PM   #25
NYJets
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: WTF...supposed EGM scores!!

Quote:

omegatron3k said:
Well don't any of us know anything because I highly doubt that the scores are real. If they are then guess what would've been posted with the scores? The actual page would've been scanned in by now to verify it. Secondly the new issue of EGM hasn't even been released yet & ESPN has yet to go gold so there's no way that they are legit. Madden hasn't gone gold yet!

Also look at the scores in general, two out of the three reviewers gave Madden a 9.5. I don't know too many pubs that give this high of a score for a title unless it's money under the table. Look at Fever's scores, do you mean to tell me that Fever isn't improved from last year. Dude this is bogus & until someone scans in the page I ain't tryin to hear it!!!

1. Maybe no one has asked for a scanned page up until now. I'm sure most people who pass on information don't really feel they have to prove it's true after being accused of lying.

2. How do you know the new issue hasn't been released yet? Mine hasn't come this month yet, but we are right around the end of the month when the issues get sent out.

3. Games don't have to go gold to get reviewed by a magazine. Magazines always review games much earlier than when they are released. The main reason for early copies is for magazines, since they write there stories so much earlier than when the mag hits the stands.

4. Madden sells millions and millions of copies. Meaning lots of people love the game. I think it's possible that they will get high scores.

I'm not saying they are defiently true, but just because they aren't what you would expect doesn't mean they are bogus.
Advertisements - Register to remove