View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 11:46 PM   #65
RandyMoss
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: player movement in ESPN Football

The running game in 2k3 is hands down the single area where it out shines Madden to the highest degree. Running animations aside, the way that the plays and blocking unfold and require precise timing and decision making to execute are light years ahead of Madden's style.

In Madden you seem to hit walls of defenders and finesse running is limited.

Every time I play 2k3 I realized how well they made the running game as blocks are made and creases sealed, all depending on my sense of timing. I enjoy the stop on a dime running as a back like Warrick Dunn can stop on a dime in reality.

What bothers me about Madden's stlye is that players tackle with butts and shoulders and it takes too much time and effort to slow down your momentum and make a cut. It seems as if a juke move is needed to make any fast cut against the pursuit of the defense.

This isnt the case in 2k3.

In regards to all of the complaints about the running animations looking jerky, that very well may be the case. I think they look ok, but I have never given them that much thought. However I would never fail a game for a graphics issue, I'm interested in actual gameplay. So in my estimation 2k3 in the running dept is hands down the winner over Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove