View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 09:37 AM   #56
mackandmoon
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: WTF...supposed EGM scores!!

No it's no conspiracy theories it's just the entertainment BUSINESS that videogames are also apart of. I can't believe that alot of people are so naive to what goes on in the REAL WORLD. I own a independant record label & before any of my music gets played on any station that caters to my genre, I have to pay the program director, radio dj, etc. under the table to get enough spins to compete with the majors. Dude where do you think EGM & other pubs get their income? From advertisers who spend big dollars to pump up their product in these publications. Of course it will still come down to
everyone's personal preference but don't think that lil johnny want be persuaded by these reviews.

Also if you look at the financial state of alot of companies today in America you will see that not alot are doing too well. Payola is a good source of income right now
in order to stay afloat. Which all sums up my point that the reason the Xbox was reviewed & not the PS2 version is because EA stands to lose alot of sales this year on Xbox because of no online play. This is a major letdown to Xbox faithful who play on live & will hurt EA's pocket. They way I can sniff out the rat is that EGM usually review the games for each console when they are about to be released. So explain to me where's the Xbox review of Madden & PS2 review of ESPN? It's called deceptive marketing, & pubs have been using this method to cater to companies & prevent the bias tag on their magazines for years.