View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 03:10 PM   #83
Moegames
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Just got the new PSM with football reviews

Quote:

bucs44 said:
Well Im not letting some magazine determine my buy especially a psm. I play xbox and if sega made this a hell of a single player game, fixed AI,etc Im buying it. From what Ive seen in the videos in both games madden looks like 2003 with owner mode and Espn2k4 looks like they actually did some hard work (not saying they didnt have to catch up) but Madden looks like the first one they released on the ps2 launch.

Amen brother..i couldnt of said it any better. Too many people fail to see this and it just boggles my mind. EAsports milks the crap out of their Madden games every year by just adding a new mode here and new mode there and slapping the new year on the box. Sega on the other hand actually do major work with their game and it shows. Im not one to knock another game over another but i just give more respect to a dev team that actually tries to really improve their series then a dev team that sits there a milks their title 4 years in a row with minor improvments.

Another thing sega does that EAsports dont do is try and take advantage of the hardware for each platform their game happens to be on. EAsports just does a simple port which is another sign of lazziness.