View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 05:07 PM   #27
Programmed2Kill
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Lincoln Financial Field In Philadelphia ...

Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Quote:

nivek said:
Raiders fans are Crazy no doubt, but atlest they dont' cheer when a pro athelte gets injured.

That's just SICK!

Are you sure Raiders fans haven't done this before? Are you sure any other fans haven't done this before??? Or could it be that you just did not HEAR of it? Aside from the Michael Irvin fiasco, you can't name ONE other incident involving Philly fans booing an injured player. Hell, the night MJ put 69 on the Cavs, Jordan was hit to the floor hard earlier in the game and lay on the floor in pain...and the fans were HAPPY to see that. It happens in lots of places, but if the city is Philly, the situation is magnified times 10...

Funny thing about that is, I shouldn't have to find another one. ONE is BAD enough...if my memory serves my correct, the man was on a strecher...and the Philly fans cheered. I could care less if it was the one and only incident, that was sick! It also doesn't help Philly when eve BEFORE that, they've been known as a rowdy crowd. This incident only mad your rep worse.

every crowd can get rowdy. why doesn't anybody get on Cleveland fans for the bottle throwing 2 years ago? or for cheering when Tim Couch went down injured last year? to me, THAT'S WORSE! Philly fans don't boo when their own player falls injured. geez. and how about Cincy when Griffey just injured himself this past week. the fans were booing him. or what about Jason Kidd's run in with the Boston crowd? or Iverson's experience with the racial slurs in Indianapolis?

but my bad...Philly only does those things