Old 07-25-2003, 10:50 PM   #6
Neolithic
Pro

Neolithic's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: THIS IS ESPN FOOTBALL\' S YEAR

Quote:

Dapo said:
The only reason madden fans like madden is because it has been on top for a while. so they overlook the huge flaws in the game and play it anyways. all games has flaws. fever had flaws and 2k3 had flaws. but madden won the battle because but it was popular. this year is different. popularity cant not save all the time. The fact that Espn football basically as no flaws and the first person mode will change their views.

Ok....now, lets establish a couple of things:

1) Both games have flaws, the fact they are made by humans will gurentee that the game will have flaws....I'm glad you said they all had flaws, but the nyou contradict that at the end. So FAR, ESPN appears to have less flaws, or rather, less GAME altering flaws (suction blocking being a BIG culprit. OK LOOK EA, 2k DOES NOT HAVE SUCTION BLOCKING, IT CAN BE CODED OUT, FIX IT......)

This is my biggest issue with Sports games and the programmers, look....when no game can do something yo uhave plausible deniabylity, however, for FOUR YEARS NOW, 2k has not had suction blocking, you have....fix it...

2) Until EA does something very STUPID, it will always sell number 1. And I love 2k..... I actually like that Madden sells better, and continues to, if on nothing but Frnachinse History. EA hasn't changed much in their games as of late. And they won't, they won't chance [censored you naughty boy] something up and losing money. EA no longer makes football for the sake of making the best Football game ever. Regarless what brown [censored you naughty boy] seeps outta the PR guy. They are making Madden to make money, period. VC however, yes, is making a game to make money. Are drastically changing things, trying new angles, and new ideas, and I like that.

now, I wouldn't be surprised that if First person goes over well this year, if Madden doesn't have it featured next year or the year after, And if owners mode really goes well, if ESPN Football has next year.

I don't know if the first person mode will change a lot of Madden players minds. Many of them have difficulty learing the ins and outs of 2k, NOTE THIS IS NOT IMPLYING THEY ARE STUPID, OR BAD GAMERS*** Mostly I HAVE HEARD that they have issues with the controls, and I think the difficult controls conbinde with the difficulty of the first person mode will more than likely accrue. I don't know...you will either like it, or you won't, bottom line, I know I'm getting ESPN, I'm stoked about FPM, and pretty much am very impressed with it overall. The ESPN integration looks over the top.