View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 03:51 PM   #11
CheckMate
All Star

OVR: 14
Re: Owner Mode Fans LOOK HERE

Quote:

bgeno said:
I have to disagree. I think if the selling of tickets, food, beverages, and merchandise didn't translate into what players you got and being able to move, then it would get boring. But the fact that u have to get the right combination of these things to give that big free agent his signing bonus and move your team to a more suitable location for an NFL team will not make it boring fast.

Who wants to waste time selling stupid hot dogs and popcorn? The only thing that does is allow you to find the combination of pricing that will increase (or decrease) your fanbase so that you can gain (or lose) revenue which allows you to hire coaches (or lose them to other teams) who will instill certain philosophies that try to maximize the abilities of the players that you re-sign, draft, and sign (or lose to free agency) with additional money used for signing bonuses gained from selling hot dogs, popcorn, merchandise, and tickets.

And I haven't even tried to finance a stadium or move a team yet. Yeah, pretty boring idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove