View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 11:24 AM   #8
mackandmoon
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why have gamers let.......

I agree with some of your post but my problem is that now those incentives are the focus of the games. These incentives are selling more games than the gameplay. This is where I find the majority of the problem. Ask yourself, where do we go with incentives after this year? Now that Madden has the Owner's Mode could you list some things that they can add now that will change the game? It seems that eventually the incentives will run out & what's left? GAMEPLAY. So if the gameplay isn't top notch then everything else should be second fiddle. It's like putting thousands of dollars in a vehicle to paint, upholster, & beef up the outside & keeping the engine knocking & sputtering.

Alot of people are complaining about FPF but it's actually a gameplay mode & people are running away from it. I know none of us have actually played it yet but noone is actually optimistic on these boards about it but a few VIDEOGAME players. This only reinforces the fact that many sports gamers are not actually sport gamers. Not because they wont actually like FPF, but because it's a turn-off because it's not a stat mode which doesn't involve any gameplay of the game of football. The main question is where are we headed as sports videogame players if we choose fluff over substance?