View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 01:37 AM   #8
Dapo
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Sega marketing skills are top notch this year

Quote:

bdoughty said:
So how many Sega commercials have you seen so far for ESPN NFL Football on the ESPN networks for this years game?

Now count all the commercials you have seen for NCAA 2004 and Madden 2004 on ESPN so far this year. Remember Madden was covered a ton during the draft on which channels?

You see the reality is ESPN can be affiliated with Sega and you can consider that a wise marketing move, yet someone has to pay ESPN to advertise their game on those channels? I can assure you ESPN is not giving away a bunch of free air time for Sega because they are on the cover.

Madden has converted a lot of people. Even i was amazed by the owners mode when i first heard about it but the tried to hard.there are no anticipation no suprises no more. that takes the fun out of it. if you read the Madden forum and Espn football forum, you will see a big difference. Peeps in the Madden forums are not asking about the gameplay, owner's mode or playmaker feature no more, they are asking about team ratings and player ratings. in the ESPN football forum, we still trying to find out the secret about the franchise mode.