View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 11:24 AM   #32
**DONOTDELETE**
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: Sega marketing skills are top notch this year

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Somewhere maybe an interview I read that this year ESPN is gonna flood the market with advertising sometime in august. Also about Madden telling all and showing all there stuff already he has a point about that spoiling the surprise factor. It has dwindled down about Owner mode and hardly any talk about playmaker which EA said is revolutionary. Madden still 2 weeks away but it feels old already now that every1 has seen everything in it. It feels like ESPN is hiding things and not elaborating into heavy detail a lot but , maybe that's a good thing like what if there is yet still some secretes they don't want to share yet, or are saving them for commercials to were we get more amped up about this game. I've heard everything about Madden but, I still am craving info about ESPN. Actually I hope they don't release videos showing off the Whoa stuff and do it in the commercials in a creative way showing off the eyepopping stuff that makes you stop thinkin straight for 2 seconds about what just happened. There's already a buzz about ESPN that is still going, but imagin the buzz if they show something never seen yet or done before in a football video game in a commercial and show it on a cleverly orchastrated day. People will return thier Madden cuz it got old fast and impatiently await ESPN to hit selves. I wouldn't count Sega out yet cuz right now they are doing the smart thing by not telling all, showing all there stuff and waiting to hit us hard later with fresh new info while Madden is just in its first week of sales. Then all the sudden a big buzz about ESPN comes up again, people start to talk about it like hold up I need to see more about this cuz I haven't seen this about ESPN Football yet.

That's all good and true..... In theory.... Let's just hope Sega is as smart as we want them to be.