Old 07-29-2003, 04:32 PM   #21
SPTO
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: I find this so funny........

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
It's evident. Who's has the best graphics, you can't say EA does. Gameplay in 2k series is more real every year, since they go back and rework what the issues were from the previous year. If you go back and play nfl 2k2 and look at the graphics, they look nothing compared to 2k3. The same will be for 2k4. Maddens graphics are no way taking advantage of the consoles power. PS2 version of Madden looks like the XBOX version. How can you sit here and say Madden will update and upgrade when they hardly do it now. The evidence is in thier games and I don't understand how people make it seem like they have done so much from year to year. Madden 2001 resembles 2004. NFL 2k2 looks nothing like 2k4.

Notice I said they take advantage of the PS2's power and they're not working their butts off with the XBOX because they have issues with MS.

As for graphics, there's a sizable minority on this site and i'm sure elsewhere that prefers Madden's graphics over ESPN. The graphics between both games are stylistically different but the actual quality is about the same to the casual observer. Also Madden's graphics/anims are a bit more smoother then ESPN's.

Gameplay wise, EA has taken the approach of "if it aint broke then don't fix it". They've gone through very tiny incremental changes with the gameplay but it's definately the same classic MADDEN gameplay that gamers have grown to love (or hate). They've added the playmaker this year and this seems to be the biggest innovation that they've made in some time. They've also added tougher DB play and such just like NCAA. So to say that they don't change AT ALL would be wrong.

I believe that we're going in circles trying to argue this out so i'll bow out now but I hope that this thread can continue to be somewhat civil.
Advertisements - Register to remove