View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 03:10 AM   #10
NateTrain32
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: RPG Elements in games, who cares about Dynasty Mode?

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Wouldn't that be kind of boring though, especially if you only control one guy? I mean, you said that you start out at the bottom. I'm not quite sure how low you're talking about, because I'm not sure what you meant by "minor league team". But let's say I create a guy and he's drafted in the fifth round. What exactly is the fun in this? If I'm only controlling him, what do I do during games? Most fifth-rounders don't play their rookie year, so I just sit on the sideline and watch each game? I know it's "realistic", but there are plenty of real-life aspects of football that I'd never want to see in a videogame. And assuming that you want it to be as realistic as possible, keep in mind that most fifth-rounders don't negotiate contracts and trades. Most NFLers have their own agent.

what you could do is "train" to make your ratings better, which would in turn, set you up higher on the depth chart...and lets say you're #2 on the chart, but during the preseason when you had your chance to prove yourself, if you do exceptionally well, that could potentially give you the start over whoever is at #1, if the ratings are somewhat close enough