View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 08:14 AM   #17
steph
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Is Madden the top selling sports game?

PES is much better than FIFA because it's so much realistic. In FIFA, you can take the ball in your own side and just past every opponents to score. In PES, there's no way you can do that. You have to build your offense in order to score like in the real game.

I would say Madden is like FIFA and NFL2K is like PES. Madden like FIFA has more extras (Owner Mode for Madden, pro players licences for FIFA), more advanced control (Playmaker for Madden and lot of dribbles for FIFA) but when it comes to what happen on the field, NFL2K is far more realistic like PES (I've played Madden and FIFA since 1994, so i can really tell you that I have seen a big difference when I jumped to PES and NFL2K3).
But one thing is different. FIFA has better graphics than PES but Madden graphics doesn't reach the quality of NFL2k'ones.
So this year FIFA 2004 and MADDEN 2004 will again have better sales (because of hardcore EA fans that doesn't care about real simulation but loves all the extras and simple games where you win easily after a couple of games), but PES3 and ESPN 2004 will be the most realistic sport games which make them for me, the best games tout court!
I said goodbye to EA sports and welcomed Sega Sports and KONAMI, because they produce what i'm looking for in a sport game: REALISM!!! but EA's games are great stuff, no doubt here.