View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 01:11 AM   #1
CarryTheWeight
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Stadium Builder Flaws?

(NOTE: The following refers to the the new Off-Season movie a user from the GAMEFAQ'S PS2 Madden Board posted...that's my proof of seeing this. The link is in one of these posts somewhere on this board.)

1,000,000 combinations? I don't think so...but that's not my beef for this statement. It looks like EA took out a VITAL part of stadium building as judging by the movie that I saw which I described above.

It seems like putting roofing on your stadium isn't possible at all in Madden's Stadium Builder, which is a major 'No' in my opinion. So, the users who wanted a retractable roof or even a static roof on your stadium are going to have to wait for Madden 2005.

Now, there could be other ways around this. EA could've had an extra menu that the GAMEFAQS user who recorded the video didn't touch. It could also be possible that a roof couldn't be put on his stadium in the first place because his stadium was awkwardly shaped (similar to Raymond James Stadium) and couldn't support a roof, let alone a good one.

Also, the guy might've been playing a beta, so that might also have some effect on the final product.

If I see that EA leaves this out in the final gold build of the game, I am going to be very displeased, but it won't spoil the game at all for me, as I will mostly be building outdoor stadiums anyway if I choose to build a new stadium or relocate the Bills to a new city (I hope not...).

But, knowing EA, maybe those features will indeed surface on the final copy of the game...once again, the user might've not reached that screen or it could not possible anyway because of the awkward design of his custom stadium.

...or, was it something I, myself, missed?...

Anyway...Your Thoughts?

Advertisements - Register to remove