View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 07:25 PM   #35
brahmagoul
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: STOP THE WHINING! MADDEN IS VERY REALISTIC!!!...

Here's my thoughts.

I bought Madden the day it came out and bought ESPN shortly after it came out. I sold Madden to my friend for $20. Why? For two reasons: 1. My friend loves Madden and couldn't afford to buy a new copy. 2. I've loved Madden but I thought it was time for a change.

Here's my big negative toward each game:

Madden: Last year people complained about the lack of defense. EA improved the defense but they did in a way that causes more turnovers. So, you have a lot of turnovers deep on the offense's side of the field, which results in quick scores the other way. I think the lack of D or less scoring we want to see are more 3-and-outs and the defense holding offenses to fourth down more than creating turnovers. That's something ESPN does.

ESPN: The kick returning, mainly punt returning, is the worst ever. I usually have to call fair catch. The punt coverage is too good in that they get to the returner while the ball's in the air still most of the time. Madden's kick/punt returning is easily the best ever.

Bottom line: I prefer ESPN this year because it's different and still is good. What's really the best football game this year? NCAA 2004!!! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove