Thread: Hot and cold AI
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 07:36 AM   #1
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2
Hot and cold AI

Hey guys,
I play on what I think are pretty challenging slider settings that I really like. But what's come to bother me is how sometimes the CPU plays well (sometimes too well) but pretty often they seem to totally underachieve. Anybody else notice this?

Like, I get some real good challenges, and I might lose some shockers too. But then I play against decent teams that totally tank it.

For example, my current season using a 'B' rated team...
-week 2 @Temple, W 36-17: Temple's pretty bad... like C+. So that's a decent result, maybe even more challenging than I expected. But then...
-week 3 @Ohio State, W 29-10: Buckeyes were ranked #1 and were also an 'A' rated team. I was looking forward to a bigtime matchup that I'd probably even lose, but they ended up playing like a I-AA team.
-week 4 vs Fresno, W 38-34: This was more like it. Fresno's a B+ team and took me to the final seconds of the game. BUT THEN....
-week 5 vs Louisville, W 47-0: Louiville's kind of like Fresno... they tend to get good in dynasties. They were only a B team like me and #25, but they should have given a better fight than that!

I don't know... sometimes I worry that my settings malfunctioned or something and somehow I'm playing on Varsity difficulty or something. But then I actually check my settings, and yeah they're still how I set them!

The catch is that I know I'll play some pretty average team somewhere down the season and they're gonna play really well on my sliders and give me fits. It's just disappointing when the expected big games end up being total flubs.

I ended up not even saving that Louisville debacle (as much as I hate them... good job, Redhawks!). I'll play 'em tomorrow and hope the CPU decides to play a better game!
Advertisements - Register to remove