View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 01:01 AM   #15
Cardot
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Frustrating NCAA Gameplay Quirks

Well, I agree with you (original poster) to a degree. YAC could be improved, and pitch outs are unproportionally unsuccessful. Like EVERY football video game that I have played since the atari days, there are a handful of plays that seem to be overwhelmingly prone to fail, and a set of plays that seem to have unrealistic success regardless of the teams and circumstances involved. Definate room for improvement here.

But I think you are a little critical of the game and its "fluff". Gameplay is important, but to be honest, I can accept a few quirks in exchange for all the schools, fight songs, stats, bowls, SI covers, BCS, etc. To me, the pagaentry and excitement of college football interest me more than the X's and O's.

Unfortunately, EA doesn't seem to aggresively change things unless they are really under the gun, and that is not they case with college football. I would expect that pitchouts will be equally fail prone next year as they were in NCAA 96 on the genesis and probably every iteration in between.
Advertisements - Register to remove