View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 10:27 AM   #10
Mizzou23
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I Hate It When Someone Ridiculous Wins the Heisman

The Heisman voting is one of the more annoying "quirks" of this year's game. In my original dynasty, Reggie Williams (WR-Wash) won it, but he had ridiculous numbers. I'm not sure if he returned kicks too or not. In other dynasty years, it is a halfback 95% of the time that wins, and usually the only players to even make the heisman list are halfbacks. I had a QB throw for over 4300 yards, 38 TD's, 8 int's and I think I might have gotten 4th or 5th in the race. If anything, the game should slant a little in favor of QB's, since that's how it tends to be in real life. They definitely need to de-value return yards in the voting. I have no idea why they changed it this year, it was always fine in other years.

It all goes back to return yards. My solution to the problem is to use the type of system they have in Madden and give everyone a kick return rating. I hate seeing the star RB of the other team back returning kicks every game. Some schools have a guy like that returning kicks for them (Sproles) but it's not always that way. Giving a high return rating to a 3rd string HB or WR would really help this situation.