View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 10:33 AM   #3
Mizzou23
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Isn\'t It Amazing How Far This Game Has Evolved From NCAA 97 on the

The first college football game I actually owned was NCAA '99 for the PC. Let me tell ya it has come a loooong way. I was of course using Missouri, a top 25 team that year. I ended up going undefeated, winning my conference but ended up getting shut out of the national title game. I don't remember who was ahead of me, but I know neither team was undefeated. I was so pissed that I started a dynasty with Michigan. I got to use the A-train as a sophomore and the guy was a total stud.

The thing I hated most about the game was the lack of passing game. You couldn't complete anything other than bombs or out patterns (I never could anyway). Yet I still loved every minute of it. That was before you could even recruit specific players. You just told it how hard you wanted to recruit each open position you had and what kind of player you wanted for the position. I think the next year was when individual recruiting made it's debut on the PS1. It's a shame it was the last NCAA game for the PC. Maybe they'll bring it back someday.