View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 01:07 PM   #1
dynasty52
Rookie

OVR: 1
How To Make the Off-Season Better

I found the off-season in the game to be off and unrealistic over the last few years. I think with the new setup it can be the best ever. Post your thoughts.

1. Retirement

This is where we will say fare well to all of are good players and get the occasional surprise retirement. The thing that will really help this out is by dropping the whole automatically retired RB 34. Instead make more then just age have a factor with retirement. Such as their injury, toughness and stamina rating takes a toll into how early they will retire along with their age.

2. Scouting Combine

Just like your regular scouting combine. But this one would be in more detail then the others. There will be the “Big Board”, mock draft and scouting report. Mock draft and the big board are self explanatory, the scouting report means how mean teams haves used an individual work out on him. The new thing about scouting will be players numbers changing every time you scout them. I mean its not like I am going to run a 4.46 on everyone’s workout. So there will be the overall workout and the individual workout. You will also be able to see one rating of your choice on the last scouting report.

3. Free Agency

This one will be completely different then the current system that is used. The resigning period and the free agency period become one. I know this sounds confusing but it will open things up so much more. Instead of going to the Free Agent team to see everyone who is a free agent, they will now just be under their team. Now you have to make them a offer while they are still under their team. So instead of the computer just resigning all their best players you have a shot at signing them yourself. So for example, with this off-season, go to the Tennessee Titans and go to Jevon Kearse. He will be there top FA because of his overall. Here you will have what he kind of salary he expects, what other teams are trying to sign him, and if he has interest of joining your team. What you don’t know is what other teams are offering him salary wise. There will be a meter like the trade meter to determine how interested he is in your team and offer. Me being the Panthers, he won’t be interested at all due to the fact that I already have to high rated DE’s and he might have to share clock. But say I was the Redskins the fact that he’d be the best DL I would have that would draw some big interest depending on money.

4. NFL Draft

I think just a few improvement here and there to the draft would be fine. You will have the different one being the draft itself seeing who everyone selected, when your on the clock you pick your player etc. Then there will be the trade checker, here you will get offers from other teams for your draft picks and players. You may also trade the draft rights to a player to another team. The third menu will be the Rating of each position on your team, how many players you have at the position and the average age at the position.. So that can help you determine what to go and look for in the draft.

5. Rookie Signing

Basically singing all your rookies to contracts, they will also have a meter of interest so this will force you to pay them more, but after so many offers they will holdout if they are not satisfied and you can‘t re-negotiate until after training camp.

6. Roster fillers

Here will be all the guys that didn’t sign with a team, the veterans who got cut after the draft and all the un-drafted rookies. This year instead of only being allowed to have 55 players on your team going into pre-season, you will be allowed 65 and at the end of pre-season you have to cut that down to 55.

7. 20xx Schedule
You will see next years schedule with the teams overall rating and previous years record. You will also set your pre-season schedule.

8. Finalize

Good luck into the next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove