OVR: 21
Re: How To Make the Off-Season Better

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

dynasty52 said:
Quote:

BiggestKJ said:
I like the Free-Agency idea...however, don't have a resigning period....PERIOD, because once the season is over you should've though twice about re-signing your stars. Just leave it as is, with the user being able to go back to their own roster screen and re-sign players as they wish. Also put in RESTRICTED and UNRESTRICTED free agents. However, you must also put in several factors:

1. Did you draft a highly-touted rookie who has plays the same position as Player X ala Travis Henry/Willis McGahee(i.e. David Boston is an unrestricted FA who can sign with any team, any time...however you pull a bonehead move and decided to draft Larry Fitzgerald. Boston's interested in resigning with SD further degrades because he's young and he wants to be the main reciever on the team.)

2. The "Patience" Factor - If I busted my a-- on the field an ran 2,000 yards or pull 180 + tackles for a 3 season average, I better get a good offer. Make me wait too long, I'm gone.

3. Loyalty rating - Did you give your player good years during his tenure with your team? Did you decide to give him enough training in the offseason to help develop him? How loyal you are to him, will determine how loyal he'll be back to you...if he's LOYAL...some players are just down right greedy.

4. Restricted and Unrestricted FA.... 1. Unrestricted FA - A player may be signed by another team once the season has ended and the Unrestricted FA period has started. 2. Restricted FA - A player may be offered a contract by any number of other clubs (offer sheet), however the player's old club has a certain amount of time to match the contract offered by the offer sheet the player chose. If not, the player accepts the offer sheet and is signed by that team.

Also it would be good to throw in other factors when signing FA's, like location, favored players and childhood idols on personnel(i.e. Player X admires and has always wanted to play alongside Player Z or for Coach B), winning franchise, "hometown" factir or just plain MONEY MONEY MONEY!

See I was thinking franchise tags, restricted and unrestricted, but that might be a little to much for EA to add, considering so many casual gamers wouldn't know WTF was going on or how to use it, I just stuck with a basic format.

If EA can add signing bonuses, and balance Sheets, etc. They can also add Restricted/Unrestricted FA as well as Tags....but before they do that, EA needs to work on Player Progression for their created rookies (because the league is completely odd as far as the ratings go, 5-10 years down the line) and Overall CPU roster management needs a TON of work (as far as Resigning, Drafting AI, etc.)

CPU Roster management needs HUGE work, I agree 100%
Advertisements - Register to remove