View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 11:59 PM   #11
Sarah
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Owner\'s Mode: Oh the potential!!!

Media is one way of knowing where to look for good players not just offensive coaches or scouts. I still prefer to see the attributes than leave it blank. Why? Because not all Madden players are familiar with the right quality of players to find. In fact, until now I still don't know the purpose of a "Strong Safety" or it's difference from a Free Safety. Newbies like me rely on ratings to know what we are doing. In the NFL, media, fans, sports analyst and etc. will pretty much rate the players according to there perspective does giving GM's an idea of who and where to look and decide after if it's worth it.

I think the game pretty much compensates this rating thing by not knowing if the high rated player you just sign will suck in the long run or not. Will he be a reliable player to build or not, there is only one way to find out by looking what he can do in the game. A high rated player on Madden, doens't mean a thing in your team if he can't function on his position properly.

For example one time, I pick this HB that has a speed of 98 and rated 88 on his 3rd year. Unfortunately he fumbles a lot because he is rated weak on gripping the ball. But I did not know it because he was rated high. Until he cost me a game and I have to ship him somewhere and for some reason he became a beast on another team and lowered his fumble number and yards gain increases. And yet his rating is still the same.

Anyway, I think they should just leave the rating thing, and put more risk on drafting or signing high rated players. But that's me.
Advertisements - Register to remove