Old 04-16-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: One thing EA *MUST* fix for online play in 2005

Quote:

elicoleman said:
Why? I do that when I play the CPU. That is how I like to run my offense. If you are talking about a fatigue factor when playing online, then I can understand that. But it kinda sounded like you are just saying to do away with Hurry-Up altogether.

Nah, hurry up is fine to run. In fact it's got its place. But so do Hail Marys yet they are not realistic if you run them every single play the entire game. Its not the hurry up, it's the abuse of it. If you're behind run it every play, fine, I have no issue with that. Or if you just like to run hurry up like 70% of the time I have no issue with that either.

However the idiot cheesers online start from play 1 running hurry up and run it the entire game. On defense that means if I call 4-4 to start out with I can't defend passing sets near as good, so I'm at a disadvantage unless I want to call timeout.

And the play selection for audibles is not like real life. In real life if someone runs hurry up you can still call alot of different plays on the fly, in NCAA 2004 you got 4 or whatever plays and that's it. It's just entirely unfair not to mention UNREALISTIC (how many college teams run hurry up offense 100% of the game, none that i know of) for people to do it.

I'm not saying do away with it, not at all, they just need fatigue to take more of a factor. Right now it seems they have SHORT TERM fatigue built in, you can push your guys hard for 3 quarters, give em a few plays off and they are 100% again. They basically need to add LONG TERM fatigue in, meaning that run em hard for 3 quarters they are not going to be 100% even if they rest for 5 straight plays. Until they get the fatigue right running hurry up 100% of the time is just lame and unfair to the defense.