View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 03:24 PM   #1073
GomerPyle
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

For the millionth time YES the Lefty Bug is cured! Im glad everyone is enjoying the game like its supposed to be. (heres a post I posted in the other thread)

First off let me tell you this: EA cannot put a rookie in the game unless he has played at least 1 game in the Majors, Even in their roster updates officially they cannot. They are missing hundreds of players that have been added.

The only things that were changed in the vetrens was Pitch Velocity and Pitch Movements, (accurate Hot/Cold Zones) (read the readme file for a mopre in depth look) to match their real life pitches and speed for instance Freddy Garcia Has a Sinking 2 seamer EA didnt give him a sinking 2 Seamer and EA didnt give the ability to change with an xbox controller how and where and what direction a pitch breaks. Each pitch in EAs engine has 7 subtypes and the way it breaks, slightly, sinking, horizontal, vertical, dropping, rising, and none (but ea hid that option to change it) Kerm and I have changed the pitches to match real life counterparts (especially the way a pitch breaks for that particilar person So RA Dickey has his pitch he calls "The Thing" and so on.

alot of players were given real faces and In game 3d Capture such as Bonds of course Julio Mateo (ea gave him a generic face that was way off), JJ Putz, Ben Davis, Prince Fielder, Rickie Weeks, Tony Gwynn, Josh Barfield, Clint Nageotte just to name a few, Also some players models were adjusted (freddy Garcia isnt fat anymore)

Sound was also given to most every player (Ea didnt get em all) in the game so now the announcer will say almost every name in the game!

Player Salaries are all accurate now everyone in the Majors has their correct contract years and Money (EA got it all wrong)

And yes Part of the Patch for the PC was slipstreamed into the roster file!
Say goodbye to the lefty bug!

Alot of stuff was done this was an enormous task and Kerm and I had this goal from the begginning to have the Best Roster out there not only for His on the PC but for the Xbox and Ps2 as well.
We have acheived that!

Get the Xbox Version Here: http://forums.operationsports.com/ubbthr...;o=&fpart=1

Ps2 Version Here: http://forums.operationsports.com/ubbthr...;o=&fpart=1