SportsorDeath
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Badgun said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GomerPyle said:
Nope alot of the pitch movements were done in C++ the only thing that was changed is the direction the pitch will break Via scouting reports and Prospect Books, (most people find they are very realistic) so your only other choice would to be use someone elses roster or use the default roster that came with the game if you want!

To be quite frank with you alot of the Pitchers especially in AA and AAA werent even in the game to begin with and had to be created. Remember now if a minor leaguer or Prospect hasnt pitched or played 1 inning in the Pros EA couldnt put them in the game! Same also goes if the player isnt in the MLBPA!

note:
The engine EA uses allows for every pitch in the game to have 7 subtypes (breaks) none, slight, horizontal, vertical, dropping, sinking and so on!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

sorry Gomer, not trying to start an argument, but a lot of people are saying the pitch movements are way out of whack. 55 MPH curve balls, 94 MPH sliders, and other pitches that simply don't exist. You call these realistic?

Again, I think the base rosters themselves are great and I commend both you an Kerm for all the hard work, but when you got into messing with pitch movements, I think you messed up. You are the very one that said that you don't mess with player ratings and then you go and mess with pitch movements which impacts the entire game.

So I guess what I am asking is what is the latest version of yours and Kerm's rosters where no ratings and pitch movements were touched? Would it have been beta 9 maybe?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I've noticed this too, particularly with scrub relievers. Almost once per game, some no name guy will come into the game and completely baffle me with his crazy stuff.

I played a game yesterday as the A's against Boston, and Boston brought some lefty in that had ungodly stuff. He threw 95 mph heat, but mixed it in with a 75 mph change with a ton of late movement. That was acceptable, but then I see the guy start throwing me a 60-something mph curveball that looked exactly like a really slow 2 seam fastball, and a slider that broke like a screwball or 2 seamer.

The guy's curve and slider both defy the laws of pyhsics in this case. A curve ball is supposed to break downward, either sharply or a big looping style, ala Barry Zito, not tail back in on a lefty. The slider is supposed to explode late and move sharply along a horizontal plane. With a left handed pitcher, it should break into a righty and away from a lefty, not vice versa as I am seeing it.

I am not intending this as a bitch, either, so please don't take it that way. I am just curious if this is due to Kerm messing with those 7 pitch break sub settings as you said, or maybe something got screwed up along the way of him tweaking the breaks of other pitchers.

I have not seen this type of stuff happening to any of the starters, so it kind of makes me wonder.
Advertisements - Register to remove