View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 05:16 PM   #1184
dbstanley74
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Here is the cubs breakdown....
I would reduce Joe Boroski's velocity to the mid to upper 80's. He simply cannot hit 94 anymore. I would also give Sergio Mitre a slider. Not a good slider but a slider none the less. say movement 50 control 55 velocity 87 movement diagonal
Matt Clement needs a sinker I think? A pretty good one.
Todd Hollandsworth needs more contact and power vrs righties. He has 2 hrs and 7 pinch hitting in something silly like 13 ph at bats?? At least make him with a little more power the contact is debateable...
I would also improve Aramis Ramirez's power vrs righties a tad. He absolutely crushes the ball and is on pace for 35 hr's and 110 or so rbi's. I would improve Alou's power a tad vrs RHP as well. He has 7 or 8 dingers so far and is on fire until he gets hurt or gets yellow hands?
turn down the power for Felix Pie on the AA team. He is faster than heck but average power. He is a slap hitter not slugger. Also turn up the stats for Dwaine Bacon. he is leading the AA team in SB and is an everyday player. Micah Hoffpauir needs more power vrs righties. Trinidad Hubbard (the ageless wonder) is an everyday player on the AAA cubs. That is all I can think of off hand...