Old 05-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #1215
Badgun
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
baseball88 said:
First of all may I say, I'm really upset of what you all are saying about my fault, yes I made these rosters myself and yes I did rate them the way I did for reasons. Second of all if I wouldn't have put as much time (HOURS and HOURS) and my professional effort into these, you wouldn't have this set of rosters. Remember these rosters have alot of created players, and this roster set has more than if you created for yourselves and leaves room for you all to create more on your own. Third of all I don't get paid for doing these except by paypal which is not hardly nothing. Fourth, these were originally made for PC and if I haven't gave Gomer my permission to convert these for XBOX and or PS2, you wouldn't have them at all.
Fifth if you don't like the rosters, use someone elses. Sixth there is an editor in the game for you all to change things.
Now I have had alot of requests for an updated roster dealing with all the changes EA made for the roster set they released in Patch 2, I am in the process of doing a brand new set of rosters dewaling with all the changes from the patch 2 that came out. EA rearranged alot of things in the data. I am doing alot of arranging myself in Visual C++.net. I am redoing alot of things.

Instead of complaining, feel grateful

Kerm

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Kerm,
Here's just a bit of constructive criticism. I tried your rosters and chose not to use them for one reason and one reason only. You should not have tampered with the pitches. By tampering with the pitch speeds and movements, you have rendered all of your hard work useless to a lot of people. I've played 92 games with the pitch movements that came in the game and I'm not about to relearn how to hit just to use your rosters.

There are several threads about the pitch movements in the MVP forum and it seems the consensus is that most of the changes that you made seemed to make the movements and speed very unrealistic. 53 MPH curve balls, 95 MPH sliders, and 4 seam fastballs that break downward 2 feet. Sorry friend, these pitches simply do not exist.

Had you left the pitch movements alone, this would be the greatest roster set ever. As it is, it basically breaks the game unless you want to go in and edit every pitcher in the game back to the way they were originally.

I admire people that take the time to make roster sets for every sports game that comes out. What I don't admire is some guy that gets a Baseball Weekly and thinks he knows more about ratings and pitch movements than the guys that made the game. Inherently this happens with every roster set because certain people feel like this guy or that guy is rated too low so they jack them up to unrealistic proportions. A good example of this would be Prince Fielder. I don't know who's in love with him, but whoever created him has him rated as high as the top 10% in the major leagues. If the guy was that good, he would be starting for Milwaukee right now.

Again, not to take anything away from your excellent rosters, but in the future I would leave things like pitch movements alone because obviously it's out of your element.

Please don't take this the wrong way because there is no malice intended. I'm just making the statement that whoever screwed with the pitch movements ruined an excellent roster set by doing so. If there is a way to retain the rosters, but restore the pitches back to the way they came, I would be interested in that. As it stands, I'll keep using the roster set I've been using all along.

Thanks for your dedication and hard work, I know the community really appreciates all the time you've invested.
Advertisements - Register to remove