Old 05-13-2004, 07:38 AM   #1230
Badgun
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GomerPyle said:
I will use Freddy Garcia as an Example of what was meant by changing a pitchers "Movement Direction"!

Now first of all when I say Movement I am in no way talking about Velocity or anything you see if you were going to create a player and then edit that pitcher, you simply cant see what im talking about or change it Via a controller or through the menu. IN MVP 2004s Engine each pitch has a direction in the way it moves and there are a total of 7 possibilities: NONE, SLIGHT, VERTICAL, HORIZONTAL, SINKING, DROPPING,LATE (This is the same for every single Pitch Type)

Now Here is a Excerpt of Freddy Garcias scouting Report: "Freddy Garcia is all about using the two-seam fastball (sinker) as an out pitch." (Thats Verbatim)

Now I look I see the 2 Seamer (in engine) that EA put in the game and I notice that EA gave him a "Horizontal" Direction. (They Erred, Obviously a Big Mistake)

Next I say to myself should I make this a Sinker or should I Keep it at 2 Seam and change it to "Sinking"

Of course I am not gonna make it a sinker I am gonna Give the 2 Seamer a Sinking Movement Cause we want these rosters accurate!

Thats just 1 example of the stuff that goes into this process!
this is the Process that was used!

Most people are happy and This is as accurate as it gets! But again cant please everyone!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Sorry Gomer, but I disagree. You changed something that we can't even see, let alone change back to the way it was originally. Why fool with the pitch movements at all? I never heard anyone complain about pitch movements with EA's rosters, but now that they have been messed with, there are a lot of people, including myself, that are seeing stuff that isn't real, like 53 MPH curve balls and 4 seam fastballs that break two feet.

You're right about not being able to please everyone, Gomer, but I remember your exact words..."I don't like to mess with player ratings". Don't you see that changing pitch movements is actually worse than messing with player ratings? It impacts the entire game instead of one player. At least with ratings, we can change them back...we don't even have access to what you changed.

Anyway, I'm not going to beat this dead horse anymore. I really do appreciate all the work you and Kerm did. I'm sure there are a lot of people that will use these rosters and be happy with them. I just can't because you screwed with the integrity of the game.

Take care