View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 02:27 PM   #1241
SportsorDeath
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

You guys are wrong to just say "screw Badgun". Just because the guy brought up a legitimate issue doesn't take away from the fact that he still appreciates all of Kerm's and Gomer's hard work.

I agree with most of what Badgun said, although I am not annoyed quite to the level he is about it.

I believe I am using the most recent roster file, or perhaps the one right before it (labeled "GomerKerm"). I have seen quite a few instances of what Badgun was referring to, and they were all with major league pitchers, though I believe all of them were of the "scrub reliever" variety and not star pitchers.

I have seen 90+ mph sliders, sliders that break like a screwball (read: the opposite way its supposed to break), extremely slow curveballs that break horizontally like a screwball or two seamer instead of a vertical drop, and some sliders that are really slow and flat, but then explode with late speed as it reaches the plate. It looks odd.

All of you guys think that Badgun, and probably me as well, are just bitching. I can't speak for Badgun, but I'm not bitching at all. I am just trying to figure out exactly what is causing this. Just because I found something strange in the roster file that I don't care for does not mean it erases any appreciation I have for them. Call it constructive criticism, feedback, confusion, whatever the hell you want. It isn't unwarranted griping, though.

You guys acting like the damn Gestapo any time any form of criticism comes down the pike need to chill.
Advertisements - Register to remove