MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
jt45 said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Badgun said:
After starting a new dynasty, I'm convinced that these rosters are so screwed that you will spend more time fixing them than you will playing.

Milwaukee has a reliever, can't think of his name right now, but his first name starts with a P and his last name starts with a L...might be Liriano or something like that.

Anyway, this guy comes in and has a 53 MPH curve ball that almost comes to a stop in mid air. It's so bad that the catcher never catches it and it rolls to the backstop. I struck out on it once and still made it to first before the catcher can get the ball.

Oh and in the 2nd game, Prince Fielder comes up to bat. I'm thinking isn't this guy in double A? Yep, but not here...no sir, he's now the starting first baseman for the Milwaukee Brewers. I also noticed that half of the Brewer pitching staff is actually in triple A so I just quit fooling with them.

Moved onto the D'Backs and right off the bat the Daigle kid that pitches comes out throwing an 86 MPH curve and a 67 MPH change. Unbelievable!

So I can see no way I'm taking the time to edit every frigging created pitcher in the game in order to use these rosters.

The only thing I can say is Gomer/Kerm, what in the hell were you guys thinking? Did you think crap like this would be cool? I would be ashamed of myself if I had did something like this and then released it to the public. Really, what WERE you guys thinking?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I don't think its that dramatic as you put it off to be, but it is an issue. There are some rather odd pitch speeds, and there is an issue with player being promoted too soon. I am not complaining at all, b/c I would rather have correct rosters than perfect gameplay. I guess I am in the minority. But Prince Fielder is rated too high. He is at the level of Chipper Jones, Pujols, Glaus, etc. He should not be that high. The kid is 1 year removed from HS, drop him down a little bit. I mean look at all the other guys ratings in the minors and his are 2 sometimes 3 times better. That should not be like that. Again, I am not complaining, I am happy with my variation of your rosters, but there are a few things that could use some work.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Come on man, are you freaking kidding me? Odd pitches? You're being generous here. We're talking pitches that don't exist at all. Go and look at the rosters. Look at the pitchers that don't have a face. Those are created pitchers. Now look at their pitching attributes. Look at how wacky they look compared to the guys already in the game and ask yourself if I am being dramatic. You will literally have to change every created pitcher in the game unless you want to take your chances as you go along. This guy with the 53 MPH curve ball...he pitched 3 innings and he threw that frigging pitch at least 3 times to every batter. Imagine trying to hit Tim Wakefield...now imagine trying to hit Tim Wakefield with a blindfold on...that's what it's like.

Sorry, I'm not being too dramatic. This stuff is God awful.