View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 01:06 PM   #1300
SportsorDeath
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Another day, another Gomer Gestapo member to the rescue.

You guys are sounding like a broken record.

Why is it not ok to ask questions about their roster work when someone notices a problem? Does it automatically erase the fact that Kerm and Gomer, Kerm especially, did a lot of really good things with these rosters? No, but you people act like it's the most taboo thing in the world to raise any questions.

Bottom line: pitch breaks and speeds on created pitchers are completely unrealistic with these rosters. This isn't Baseball Simulator 1.000, it is a realistic simulation. When you give pitchers breaking balls that are more suited for a backyard game of wiffle ball than a major league game, there is a problem. At the same time, that doesn't mean that nobody appreciates all the things he did right. Jesus. Get a clue, please. You would think after reading so many other oh so intelligent people say "use the rosters or don't, man, blah blah" that people would give it a rest. Nope.

Oh, and Kerm, maybe you are the one who should go back and read Badgun's post again. He mentioned that the 53 mph curveball belonged to some scrub on the Milwaukee Brewers, not Casey Daigle.

Daigle's 82 mph curve seems a bit too fast, but I don't have much of an issue with it because at least it breaks in the correct direction. Compared to some of the other wacky stuff, I don't care about that at all.

I am also seriously wondering if you play the game after making any of your adjustments. It would seem that you would be able to see what Badgun, myself and some others are talking about pretty easily and hopefully correct it if you did.

I am sick and tired of putting in a qualifier about how I still appreciate your work every time I post, because it falls on deaf ears anyway, so I'll just leave it at that.

I look forward to checking out your next update.