View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #1301
Badgun
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Well I think the funny thing is that Kerm continues to deny that the rosters we are using are his even though it says in the name of the file bigger than life MVPBasebal_GomerKermF.zip .

Granted, I understand he made these rosters for the pc and Gomer ported them over to the Xbox, so is the real villain here Gomer? I guess it doesn't matter, but maybe Kerm could go a long way to clearing this up by just saying that Gomer is the one screwing with the rosters if that's what's going on here.

I'll say it one last time and I won't say it again. The pitch movements and speeds in these rosters are all screwed up. Whoever decided that it would be cool to give guys 53 MPH curve balls and other pitches that break unrealistically screwed up royally. You should use these rosters at your own risk because if you use them, you are going to see a lot of scrub pitchers that are unhittable because whoever fooled with the pitches didn't have a clue what he was doing. You can either edit each and every created pitcher in the game or you can live with stupid, crazy, unrealistic pitches by about half the pitchers in the game.

The actual completeness of these rosters is awesome...the tampering with the pitches however makes them virtually unusable for anyone that cares anything about real baseball.

Again, use at your own risk!

I also think that if OS is going to host these rosters that they should make Gomer put up a disclaimer stating that they have screwed the pitch movements and speeds up so that people will know what they are getting into before they start their dynasty over thinking that these rosters are the best out there...they are not. I'd like to see John Doe comment on this because if it was my site, I wouldn't host these rosters until the pitch speeds and movements were fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove