View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 11:42 PM   #1321
daknight
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is not meant to be rude or anything like that. I just want to comment one thing

"You know, if Gomer wanted to jack up his favorite player or his favorite team, why couldn't he have just done it to his own roster? By altering Kerm's roster, he has now passed on his wishes to whomever downloads the roster...almost like a virus, if you will. "

I dunno what all Kerm is allowing Gomer to do, but he's converting rosters that would not be on our consoles unless someone else did it. Granted i've seen these alterations, some AAA guy threw i slider that slid the wrong way in a game a minute ago. With that said, it's easily edited. All you have to do is tweak something on that guy and it resets his stuff, or if you want the change, then change the speed to what you feel is correct. I don't know if Kerm put Dickey's pitch "The Thing" in the game or if it was Gomer, but i think whoever it was did a good job. The movement went away when i edited another rating of his. Now i know that editing all of these pitchers is time consuming, but i doubt it would come remotely close to the time it took to make these rosters. Which are his rosters that he is putting on the net for us. Now Gomer might have went to far in chaging Kerm's rosters like this, but that's between Gomer and Kerm and their agreement over the rosters. If Gomer is allowed to do this sort of thing with these rosters, does it really matter that much, even if we get a slightly tampered roster, is it not better than EA's and easily fixed to the user's liking. If i knew how to edit these things(i know C++, but not enough about the console's file systems to alter a file), i would alter the rangers, and their farm systems because personally i feel that EA did a bad job, and i'm sure some other people feel like EA didn't give their teams justice. So, if Gomer has this discretion with Kerm's roster then who are we to tell him how to alter the roster. He's even taking people's opinions on who/how players should be edited so we don't revert back to EA's default and screw up their work. They can't make everyone happy. You could just take their rosters and alter them to your liking, or just wait and see if you like the newer ones better(if they are kind enough to post them here, because i personally wouldn't if i caught all of this flack for rosters that i spent much time on to help other people). Now everyone's complaint is good and you have your right to it, but IMO(might just be me), it has gone from critiqueing a roster (who many of you say is great), to flat out saying that they screwed up the game(I think EA won that category). And Gomer, if/when someone does crtitique these rosters, could you give them a decent explanation as to why you decided to do it that way(even if it's just "Because they're my rosters", again that's between you and Kerm).

So can't we all just get along, and make this game better, or do we fight all day.

LOL, again for the sake of not getting flamed, i hope no one takes offense to anything that was said above.
^^^^^Might need to make that a sig from now on.
Advertisements - Register to remove