OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
bxlxaxkx said:
Badgun said:
rstar32 said:
does total minors2 have the lefty bug fixed in it or is it just a roster?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I can't say the lefty bug is 100% fixed, but with these rosters it's the best I've seen it yet. In 4 games I hit 3 homers with Jim Edmonds. The downside is I still haven't seen a CPU lefty hit one. Once I do, I will declare the lefty bug fixed with these rosters.

As for steals....haven't seen any in 4 games. Podsednik, who is really fast got on base a lot against me and never attempted a steal.

The quality of these rosters is amazing...most of the teams that I looked at were pretty much dead on.

The one negative I can find is that in the minors he said he gave the hitters a lot more hot zones and a lot less cold zones. What this produces is a lot of quality AA and AAA pitchers with real high ERAs. Of the 4 AA and 4 AAA games I had, all of the scores were like 9-8 and 11-7. Some of the better AAA pitchers are getting shelled.

This might level out after awhile, but it does look like it could be a problem, especially with the development of minor league pitching.

Otherwise, these are the best rosters...period.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">Did he mess with the pitches like kerm did? that was my only issue with his rosters.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

If he messed with them, the difference is very subtle as I feel the core game plays better than it ever has with these rosters.

The one problem I mentioned earlier with him giving the minor league hitters more hot zones might really be a problem. To begin with, most of the top prospects are a little juiced in my opinion and after two game Milwaukee had promoted pretty much its entire farm system and sent half of their opening day starters to the minors. Richie Weeks is now in the majors, Prince Fielder is now in AAA, and about 5 other guys from AAA are now starting for the Brewers. This only took two games. My second series against Arizona wasn't as bad, but they had brought 3 or 4 pitchers up from AAA.

But the answer to your original question is if he messed with the pitches, you can't tell. I haven't seen any crazy stuff like 52 MPH curve balls and crap like that.

I definitely think these are the best rosters so far for MVP, bar none.