Home

Bases, Faces, Hip Tosses and Recent Losses

This is a discussion on Bases, Faces, Hip Tosses and Recent Losses within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
by Clay Shaver

OVR: 0
Bases, Faces, Hip Tosses and Recent Losses

Thanks to everyone who indulged me last week with my little slice of mindless chatter. Sadly, my freakishly large cranium is packed to the gills again.

...I love Opening Day in Baseball. Opening Day is the most optimistic day of the year for...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Bases, Faces, Hip Tosses and Recent Losses

Good read Clay!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Another great one Clay!

Quote:
...I really tried to be an open-minded sports fan and watch some of the NCAA Women's National Championship game between Baylor and Michigan State. I'm old enough to realize that not all women's sports need to involve Jell-O or the word "Foxy" somewhere in the title. I mean, I have daughters who, at 3 and 5, have already started to pickup some of my love for sports, so, realistically, there's probably a lot of basketball, volleyball, and softball in my future. But, there's just something about women's hoops that I can't stomach. Maybe it's the breakaway lay-ups or the fact that the typical gameplan always appears to be to use the 6'4" corn-fed Center as a pick and shoot the J. Maybe it's the coaches that look like women trying to do impressions of male coaches. Same body language. Same pre and post-game interviews. I tried. I really did...
I too was that way untill around 4 or 5 years ago I guess. I cant stomach womens HS basketball and college wasent too much better. Then I went to my first Lady Bears basektball game (with my ex girlfriends nephew, he has tickets from school I had free time I took him) I enjoyed it and started to follow the womens sport from Baylor a little closer. Do I follow womens hoops? No not at all..did I enjoy Baylors run in this year more then any of the mens..No doubt about it. Monday night when Baylor won, I dont know if I ever felt more proud to be a Baylor fan (wish I was a graduate) . Kim Mulkey Robertson ( Got Mulk was a few shirts made earily this year, heh) not only turned a womens program around when she got here..she has helped turn a school around and bring buzz back into the communty (along with some other sports etc..). I caught the last 15 mins or so of the victory ralley at the Ferrel Center yesterday and just to see how peopel in this town were enjoying this made me smile. Seeing allt he clips, all the info I finnaly felt like Baylor was a "on the map" Granted, its just a "womans" sport but ill leave you with a quote she KMR said yesterday..

" When I came to Baylor( 5 years ago) this womens program just had seven wins, dont tell me you cant go out and get one of these( National Championship) also"

Plus I too have a 3 year old daughter...she is also starting to love sports and I cant wait till she plays things I used to never give a damn about (softball, tennis, soccer, womens basektball whatever it ends up being)

Also about the part of the pope dieing etc...I too would be the same way. Pope was a great man, but I have no connection with him, same for Schiavo but let someone I enjoy or look forward to hearing or seeing pass and its like a member of the family.

Last edited by Brandwin; 04-07-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:35 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 23

Good read Clay.

I thought the same thing when I heard about an XBL webcam, and Mitch hit me the hardest as well.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Good stuff Clay.

Maybe that XBL cam is a bad idea...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Plus I too have a 3 year old daughter...she is also starting to love sports and I cant wait till she plays things I used to never give a damn about (softball, tennis, soccer, womens basektball whatever it ends up being)
Believe me, Dook, I try for that exact reason. But, I'm not getting there yet. I asked my 5 year old a few days ago. Do you want to play T-Ball this summer? Nope...she wants another Gymnastics class and Soccer!!

Oh well...

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 04-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Believe me, Dook, I try for that exact reason. But, I'm not getting there yet. I asked my 5 year old a few days ago. Do you want to play T-Ball this summer? Nope...she wants another Gymnastics class and Soccer!!

Oh well...
Soccer's a cool sport for girls...could be worse, she could be figure skating

I can watch some women's sports if I enjoy the sport itself. I like watching the US Women's National Soccer team, and actually like watching Michigan Women's Volleyball (wandered in on a game when at school, they had free pizza, and it was actually a lot of fun.). I can't watch women's basketball though, no matter how hard I try it just doesn't work.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Heh, I loved the Burnout Revenge part, since I'll be out $50 as well.

Great read Clay.
But we all live in denial

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »