Home

Forza Motorsport Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport Review (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2005, 07:30 AM   #9
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Forza Motorsport Review (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrak
Of course every game has flaws, and I love Forza dearly, I just have to question reviews that give perfect scores to games that have quite a few problems. Kinda like how IGN or whoever gave Gran Turismo a high score of 9.something, even though they went on about the poor AI, etc, etc...

Here the reviewer mentions the over-agressive AI, the underdeveloped drivatar feature, lackluster soundtrack, and what he calls the "supercar" flaw in online play.

The 4/5 suits this better.... 4/5 - An overall solid outing with few flaws. Worth purchasing for most gamers.

I just personally think reviewers are too liberal with the perfect 5/5 and 10/10 scores.

I love the game... it's all I play these days, but I think it has a few too many sloppy little problems to deserve a perfect score.

Um, it's HIS opinion. You can disagree with it and all, but it is HIS column and HIS opinion. To him, the game is that great that he would give it a 5/5. He's not going to call it a "solid" game. And again, the 5/5 score does not mention that it cannot have flaws. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Get your own blog or website if you can't stand it reviews so much. Then all of us can go over and point out the flaws in your grade.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:25 PM   #10
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I just personally think reviewers are too liberal with the perfect 5/5 and 10/10 scores.
Out of 16 reviews at OS, I've given out two 5/5 scores: Burnout 3 and Forza. I don't think that's liberal at all.

Forza
is not perfect. No game is. But it, to me, satisfies the requirements for a 5/5 title.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:01 PM   #11
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Of course every game has flaws, and I love Forza dearly, I just have to question reviews that give perfect scores to games that have quite a few problems. Kinda like how IGN or whoever gave Gran Turismo a high score of 9.something, even though they went on about the poor AI, etc, etc...

Here the reviewer mentions the over-agressive AI, the underdeveloped drivatar feature, lackluster soundtrack, and what he calls the "supercar" flaw in online play.

The 4/5 suits this better.... 4/5 - An overall solid outing with few flaws. Worth purchasing for most gamers.

I love the game... it's all I play these days, but I think it has a few too many sloppy little problems to deserve a perfect score.
Did you read the review?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #12
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I don't feel it's measuring enough of your individual driving style for it to be the amazing feature, and I really dislike the idea of training on specific courses and cars. If the "Drivitar" followed you around and learned from every race you ran, it would be a lot more useful.
Perhaps the reviewer missed the "Free Training" option in Drivatar. You can race any car in the game on any track in the game and your Drivatar will learn from that. If you only train your Drivatar on the five pre selected tracks then I can see why you think it's not reflecting your individual driving style. Train it fully on the rest of the tracks with the cars you want to race with, and it will drive EXACLTY like you.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:26 AM   #13
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock_11
Perhaps the reviewer missed the "Free Training" option in Drivatar. You can race any car in the game on any track in the game and your Drivatar will learn from that. If you only train your Drivatar on the five pre selected tracks then I can see why you think it's not reflecting your individual driving style. Train it fully on the rest of the tracks with the cars you want to race with, and it will drive EXACLTY like you.
Good point.

I still feel it would be a more useful feature if it simply learned as you raced in career mode, instead of as a separate feature.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
Out of 16 reviews at OS, I've given out two 5/5 scores: Burnout 3 and Forza. I don't think that's liberal at all.

Forza is not perfect. No game is. But it, to me, satisfies the requirements for a 5/5 title.
Don't sweat it man. I picked up this game as a rental based on your review, and I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote. It's a 5/5, on the real. Hmm, i thought the same of Burnout 3...

You might have decent jugdement afterall....

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »