Home

NHL 2K6 Beta Movie Clip (8-25-05)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K6 Beta Movie Clip (8-25-05) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 2K6 Beta Movie Clip (8-25-05)

We have just posted another movie clip from our beta copy of NHL 2K6.

"Play like the pros with our revolutionary icon-based passing system. All-new combo passing and shooting controls let you queue up give-and-go attacks, tic-tac-toe passing, puck cycling, behind the net plays and more!"
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Re: NHL 2K6 Beta Movie Clip (8-25-05)

I used Venom's tweaked sliders here. If you are not familiar w/ them, just look at the previous movie clip thread.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-25-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

One more thing. It's an AI vs. AI clip.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
One more thing. It's an AI vs. AI clip.
Thanks Steve!
Old 08-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I used Venom's tweaked sliders here. If you are not familiar w/ them, just look at the previous movie clip thread.
You da man!! Downloading now, though there seems to be some positive reactions on the 2khockey.net forums.

Thanks for taking the time to give us these great vids, man. Really appreciated!

(Us hockey nuts need constant info or we go INSANE!!!)
The days have gone down in the West... behind the Hills... into Shadow.

How did it come to this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #6
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Again, after checking the clip out, estimate which sliders you think need adjusted. If alpha has some ideas, I'd welcome them as well.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 PM   #7
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Again, after checking the clip out, estimate which sliders you think need adjusted. If alpha has some ideas, I'd welcome them as well.
I don't think there's much more you can do with the game sliders. I can't really see the number of shots clearly (it's kinda blurry in the vid), but it looks like they're in the 25-30 range for each side. Which is excellent for an AI vs. AI game and 10 minute periods. Everything else looked excellent: not too many penalties, some good defensvie plays. The AI cycles the puck much more than it used to. There was even one fight and not 3 or 4 as in NHL 2K5 even with the Fight slider at one click!

The only thing wrong with the AI is that it takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many slapshots and not enough wristers, snapshots, backhanders. But maybe it's something to do with the Defensive AI which doesn't seem to be covering the spots well? Try cranking the DEFENSE slider to MAX and leave the Offense slider where it is and see if that at least stops the CPU from taking dumb shots (check it out before you record the game again though). It would be a waste to record another vid with the same poor shot choices. Hopefully if the D takes away the angle, they won't take the slapper anymore and opt to cycle the puck around some more. The only other thing that would probably help with shot variety would be to go into the ROSTERS and edit the players by lowering the SHOTBIAS and SLAP attributes, then raising the WRISTER and SNAP attributes. Don't think you want to spend all your time there though.

Hopefully, Kush knows about that and can edit the rosters themselves and balance it out before the game ships. If the reason they gave you the Demo was to provide them with some feedback before they go gold, that would be something I would tell them PRONTO!!

Also, some people are asking if you put the One-Timers to HARD or NORMAL? If it's on NORMAL, switch it to HARD to see if there really is less awkward one-timers taken (like backhanded one-timers or behind the back spinaround/between the legs ones).

Thanks again dude, and keep it up!
The days have gone down in the West... behind the Hills... into Shadow.

How did it come to this?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not sure if I have any ideas to add, because other than the Slap Shots I'd say all is good, but I'd suggest to do what Venom suggested and MAX the CPU defense slider and see what happens. BTW Thanks for asking if I had anything to add and I would have if the sliders didn't turn out so well.

I'm thinking the slapshots are a AI issue and nothing to do with sliders, unfortunately, but like Venom said, hopefully Kush realizes this and have made tweaks since the build you have.

I haven't really said this, but thanks for doing these videos, they are great for getting a feel for the game, before we even have a chance to buy it in stores. Thanks Steve.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »