Home

NHL 2K6 Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K6 Review (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #9
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 2K6 Review (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericLogin
I've got to agree that the 5/5 is quite off. 2k6 is a great game - but according to your explanaitions of what each number is - I'd say 2k6 is more like 3. Lots of room to improve, fans will likely enjoy it - but there are certainly going to be people who won't be able to overlook some of the major flaws.

Just wondering, but how can someone's opinion on a game be off? Are you that person, and if not how can they rate something and be wrong? It's their take. You give it a 3 and Clay gives it a 5. I think it's easily a 4 but could easily be a 5. Which Clay gave it. But to say it's off on his own take of the game I just don't understand. Just like the bug hunters wanting to kill "creditablity" of a game's score. If you like the game buy it, but if you don't then don't.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdiddyPop
Just wondering, but how can someone's opinion on a game be off? Are you that person, and if not how can they rate something and be wrong? It's their take. You give it a 3 and Clay gives it a 5. I think it's easily a 4 but could easily be a 5. Which Clay gave it. But to say it's off on his own take of the game I just don't understand. Just like the bug hunters wanting to kill "creditablity" of a game's score. If you like the game buy it, but if you don't then don't.
There's a difference between opinions and facts.

NHL 2k6 has tons to improve on. It still has a lot of annoying bugs. etc, etc.

I can understand opinion. But giving it 5/5 meaning it's a once in a lifetime game? I don't see how that can be - when there are clearly so many problems. Freezing again. CPU taking massive amounts of slapshots, totally passing up shot chances, not shooting on breakaways, etc, etc. The list goes on.

Opinion doesn't count there - those items listed automatically rule out a 5 with the way Operation Sports has it defined.

Last edited by GenericLogin; 10-04-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:59 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

wow.....you guys are really nick-pickin at the guy...so many say its the best hockey game ever yet the guy cant get it a 5..come on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #12
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
There's a difference between opinions and facts.

NHL 2k6 has tons to improve on. It still has a lot of annoying bugs. etc, etc.

I can understand opinion. But giving it 5/5 meaning it's a once in a lifetime game? I don't see how that can be - when there are clearly so many problems. Freezing again. CPU taking massive amounts of slapshots, totally passing up shot chances, not shooting on breakaways, etc, etc. The list goes on.

Opinion doesn't count there - those items listed automatically rule out a 5 with the way Operation Sports has it defined.

In that case no game ever will be 100% bug free. Ask any of the guys that post on here that develop and see thats the case. IMO it's the best hockey game ever made. Of course it will have bugs its a video game for goodness sakes. Some people have too high of standards seriously.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdiddyPop
In that case no game ever will be 100% bug free. Ask any of the guys that post on here that develop and see thats the case. IMO it's the best hockey game ever made. Of course it will have bugs its a video game for goodness sakes. Some people have too high of standards seriously.
I think it's the best hockey game made too.

But how is asking for a game without a dozen extremely obvious problems having too high a standard?

asking for a company to actually do some testing and fixing of bugs and glitches isn't asking too much.

Don't be so blind. I think NHL 2k6 is great - but it has some major problems that pretty much gouge you in the ****ing eye if you play just a few games.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:28 AM   #14
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I think it's the best hockey game made too.

But how is asking for a game without a dozen extremely obvious problems having too high a standard?

asking for a company to actually do some testing and fixing of bugs and glitches isn't asking too much.

Don't be so blind. I think NHL 2k6 is great - but it has some major problems that pretty much gouge you in the ****ing eye if you play just a few games.
I've chosen not to respond up to this point, but posts like this leave me no choice. So, let me say it once...very clearly...

I DID NOT EXPERIENCE ANY SIGNIFICANT FLAWS OR BUGS IN THE 60 GAMES I PLAYED WHILE PREPARING THIS REVIEW.

Period.

You know why I didn't see pucks go through the back of the net???? Because I'm not stupid enough to shoot the puck from behind the net!!! People who did that were "bug hunting" and looking for flaws. My game never froze. I never didn't make it to the face-off circle.

What the hell do I have to benefit from lieing about that? Or leaving it out of the review? VC doesn't pay me.... In fact.... No one does!!!!

Get over yourselves and let it die. Hate the game if you will. Hate the review. But, don't question my integrity!

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 10-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
You know why I didn't see pucks go through the back of the net???? Because I'm not stupid enough to shoot the puck from behind the net!!! People who did that were "bug hunting" and looking for flaws. My game never froze. I never didn't make it to the face-off circle.

What the hell do I have to benefit from lieing about that? Or leaving it out of the review? VC doesn't pay me.... In fact.... No one does!!!!

Get over yourselves and let it die. Hate the game if you will. Hate the review. But, don't question my integrity!
defensive.

So you never used the wrap around? People who used the wrap-around and had the stick and puck go through the net aren't bug hunting - they're using a "feature".

face-off problem? It happened to me in my very first game.

Hate the game? I never said I hated it. Now you're putting words into my mouth.

I should also add that many of the problems I'm talking about aren't even bugs - just bad testing. The computer taking a bazzilion slapshots a game was quite evident in every video posted here and elsewhere, and just about everyone noticed it. You'd think the programmers might have picked up on it themselves... things like that. Not every issue is a bug - sometimes it's just people not paying enough attention and missing obvious weak spots. The offensive AI in this game is atrocious.

Defensivly however, the AI has really improved. As well as the goalies. I love those aspects of the game. But the offensive AI is a huge problem.

Last edited by GenericLogin; 10-05-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 PM   #16
Rookie

VeNOM2099's Arena

OVR: 3

That's the one bad thing about assigning a "score" to a review of a game. Invariably, you're going to have those who think in terms of NEGATIVE aspects being the deciding factor that brings a game's score down be in direct contrast to those (like Clay) who would rather see it as the POSITIVES boosting a game's score.

Seeing as how the POSITIVES far outweigh the NEGATIVES in NHL 2K6, the score is pretty believable. And as has been mentioned several times already, nowhere does it say that a score of 5/5 is merited of only flawless games. It means that the sum of the experiences you'll get from such a game make it a must buy.

That's it.
The days have gone down in the West... behind the Hills... into Shadow.

How did it come to this?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »