Home

FIFA 06 Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on FIFA 06 Review (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 06 Review (Xbox)

We have just posted our FIFA 06 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert has to say about it.
"An interesting happens when a video game company starts to feel some pressure. For years, the FIFA series has been an unrealistic mess that relied on the fact that it is the only franchise with licensed clubs and players. EA expected (with good reason) that many soccer fans would ignore the lack of realistic play and would be satisfied with being able to play with your favorite club. Thankfully, competition arrived in the form of Konami's Winning Eleven series. The competition has caused EA to create a more realistic soccer game to please true soccer fans. This question remains: Is FIFA 06 realistic enough to knock Winning Eleven off of the top seat?"
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: FIFA 06 Review (Xbox)

How can anyone review Fifa 06 for Xbox and NOT rip it for it's disgraceful frame rate drops?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:16 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

From the review: “An interesting happens when a video game company starts to feel some pressure. For years, the FIFA series has been an unrealistic mess that relied on the fact that it is the only franchise with licensed clubs and players. EA expected (with good reason) that many soccer fans would ignore the lack of realistic play and would be satisfied with being able to play with your favorite club.”

Uh, can anyone say “That OTHER EA football game”?
Old 10-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
How can anyone review Fifa 06 for Xbox and NOT rip it for it's disgraceful frame rate drops?
Thats funny because I didnt have any framerate problems and i played over 30 games.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 25

That's funny, because I played about 100 games and have some frame drops every game ( Xbox ). I think foul AI is pretty good. I had other fouls called, not just sliding ones. There are no subs..that's true. One more..there ARE differences between proffessional and world class difficulty settings, for example: the cpu plays quicker, plays better defensively etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
That's funny, because I played about 100 games and have some frame drops every game ( Xbox ). I think foul AI is pretty good. I had other fouls called, not just sliding ones. There are no subs..that's true. One more..there ARE differences between proffessional and world class difficulty settings, for example: the cpu plays quicker, plays better defensively etc.
I dont know what to say. I can only report what I saw and I had no framrate problems.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

Strange. Every website is reporting it and it happens every game, sometimes slowing to a crawl worse than any recent EA sports frame rate problem.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats funny because I didnt have any framerate problems and i played over 30 games.

I havent had any framerate probs either

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »